Partner content from Rivervale Leasing
FOR A fleet manager terms such as ‘road to zero’, ‘fuel management’ and ‘compliance’ will certainly be familiar.
However, for those yet to reach the point of electric vehicle (EV) consideration, here’s why making the switch will spark interest, says Rivervale Leasing’s fleet management expert Jaymie Stanbrook (pictured).
Jaymie, who has helped many fleets transition to electric vehicles, has listed five key benefits of making the EV switch now.
- The law. The government’s Road to Zero strategy plans have remained clear. The timeline for petrol and diesel vehicles is closing down and although some petrol/diesel options are viable as EV technology improves, they won’t be here much longer. Get involved now and take advantage of the various financial incentives. Such incentives will not be here for much longer!
- Winning tenders. Competition in your space will continue to grow, and if you haven’t made updates to your business, in the eyes of your clients you will look dated. More and more of our customers are revealing how their journey into EV and reducing their carbon footprint has helped them to win tenders.
- Compliance. Clean Air Zones are popping up across the UK. You simply cannot afford to lose out on opportunities because your fleet vehicles do not allow you to enter cities due to their poor emissions.
- Cost savings. It’s no secret that the initial investment when switching to EV is high, however you must look at the whole life cost because, more often than not the end balance is a considerable saving. Electricity is cheaper than fuel and the maintenance schedules on EVs are minimal.
- Digitalisation. The new technology of EVs isn’t limited to the batteries. Take advantage of smarter systems to track, monitor and stay on top of your fleet management. EV vehicles are perfect for data transmission and recording.
Book A Free Consultation
If you would like help with switching your fleet to EVs, book a call with our fleet management consultants